Introduction to the GDPR
course length: 2 hours
This course is one of our regulatory e-learning courses to support you and your organisation through regulatory change.
The module can be bought on an individual basis or we offer corporate packages for your company's LMS or hosted on behalf of the Digital Learning Academy’s LMS. Please get in touch if you would like to know more about our corporate services.
By the end of the programme you will:
- Be able to explain why we protect personal information, why the GDPR legislation is important, who it applies to, what legal responsibilities are placed on organisations and individuals, the key roles that are involved, and the timeline.
- Learn about the principles of data protection, how they apply, and how these are brought to life within certain, sometimes time-dependent, mandatory processes.
- Identify and correctly categorise personal data, children's and sensitive data, understand why this is important, and how to treat it.
- Why protect personal data?
- The timeline for compliance
- Roles in GDPR
- Legal obligations of the data controller and data processor
- Quiz: Know your roles in the GDPR
- The seven principles
- Personal and sensitive data
- Quiz: Identify personal and sensitive data
- Data breaches and reporting
- The data subject's eight rights
- Children's data
- Process for handling a subject access request
- The role of Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Assessment: Introduction to the GDPR
Delegates interested in learning the fundamentals of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Determine the different kinds of data and why some are deemed more important than others
- Understand your legal obligations
- Learn how to handle data breaches
- Covers everything you need to know about GDPR for a general awareness.
- Understand the key principles of GDPR.
- Know about the rights of data subjects.
- CPD Hours