Business Process Analysis and Mapping
course length: 1 hour
This course is part of the Digital Analytics Programme designed to create a foundation to digital change management. You will learn the theory and practical application using a blend of tutorials and case study examples.
Business process analysis is a fundamental set of methods, techniques, and tools which change professionals use to analyse organisation's operations.
Often process analysis is undertaken to define how an organisation currently runs and wishes to run in the future. Perhaps changes to operations are required because of new technology or new regulations. The gap between the two states (the current state and the future state) will determine how much change effort will be needed to transform a process.
This course will introduce you to the concepts, modelling and mapping tools, and teach you how to create your process map using the correct symbology
- What is a business process?
- Communication planning
- Complexity influences the approach
- Naming processes
- Business process modelling and mapping symbols
- Why and how we create process maps
- Eliciting the 'as is' current state
- Top ten hints and tips for great maps
Delegates interested in learning the fundamentals of change management
- Understand a method by which organisations visualise and document the processes they operate.
- Learn the process steps involved and how to create a process map.
- The importance of understanding the ‘Current’ and ‘Future’ states.
- This module provides a core understanding of one of the most important steps in understanding and mapping change within organisations.
- CPD Hours.